My Rooster is Behaving Weird

Kimber_ly

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2023
Hello I want to ask for some help/advice about my rooster since Monday of last week his face and comb have started turning purple, and he has a had a loss in appetite, he has also recently started losing balance as well as has a sort if sore throat. is it a desease? An infection? And advice and help will greatly appreciated. Some things to note is he is 4 turning 5 on the 10th he is a Plymouth Rock chicken

Hi there. What is his diet? Is it hot there?
It sounds Iike a circulation issue.
Hello he usually eats dry corn and water on a basis we will give him lettuce tomato onion and some other fruits and vegetables it has stated to get hot since we are located in California

Hello he usually eats dry corn and water on a basis we will give him lettuce tomato onion and some other fruits and vegetables it has stated to get hot since we are located in California
Does he not eat any real chicken food?
Corn and vegetables don't give him enough proper nutrition, there's no protein and too high carbs.
Onions are toxic to chickens
He's likely suffering for malnutrition or anemia from the onions.
You can try giving him a high protein feed that's not a layer, such as flock raiser or starter and putting him on a vitamin regime. Nutridrench or baby vitamins without iron might help

Does he not eat any real chicken food?
Corn and vegetables don't give him enough proper nutrition, there's no protein and too high carbs.
Onions are toxic to chickens
He's likely suffering for malnutrition or anemia from the onions.
You can try giving him a high protein feed that's not a layer, such as flock raiser or starter and putting him on a vitamin regime. Nutridrench or baby vitamins without iron might help
I see thank you so much I did not know that that could have been the problem! Thank you again I’ll look into buying the right food for him again, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom