My rooster

Holiwwod

Songster
May 30, 2021
I have a rooster he’s a Rhode Island red with his flock. I just got a black Astrolop and a buff Orpington. He finally took to my black orp but he doesn’t seem to like the buff orpington. When she comes around she sees him and she runs and he runs to attack her I keep thinking maybe he’s trying to meet with her but then he just starts pulling feathers and she screams and she runs I don’t know what to do she’s very sweet and she laid eggs her very first day here he’s been with the flock and I don’t know if I should get rid of him or get rid of her will he ever take her in and get a loan they sleep in the henhouse together so they raised but when I let them out to free range he chases her when she comes around.

:welcome :frowSometimes that happens. I would take the male out for a few days then put him back and see how he reacts. Since they are new they will be at the bottom of the pecking order. Males also have favorite females. You never know. Good luck...

:welcome :frowSometimes that happens. I would take the male out for a few days then put him back and see how he reacts. Since they are new they will be at the bottom of the pecking order. Males also have favorite females. You never know. Good luck...
I did put him in another pen for a week and he went back to the same behavior with her. I wish I knew if I got a younger one if he’s act any better?

Back
Top Bottom