My special Chick

Zah-zah

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 8, 2007
My Charlotte is some special girl. She's not like my 2 other chickens. Charlotte's still affraid to walk up the board into the coop, instead she prefers to be picked up and put in. When I go to check on them in the evening she comes running towards me so I can pick her up. By that time Clara and Joséphine are long in the coop.
Another weerd thing about her is that she doesn't ike to eat food from the ground. When I put veggies or chickenfood on the ground Clara and Joséphine start eating right away. Charlotte on the other hand runs to the feeding-bin and waits there for me to put food in. Then she starts to eat. No veggies and other 'human' food, just her chickenfood.

This is her:
charlotteua6.jpg

Is it me, or is this one special chick? Do you guys have special chicks like her to?

Last edited:
What a sweetie! I, too, have a special girl, also named Charlotte, by coincidence. She loves for me to pick her up and hold her close, stroke her beard, etc,. If I put her down too soon, she'll follow me around, looking up at me like she's going to just fly up on her own, but she never does. I pick her up again and pet her awhile then she'll go her merry way. And she likes to eat out of my hand rather than off the ground. Here's my Charlotte:
DCP_8203Charlotte.jpg

Quote:
I was thinking the SAME thing. None of my hens are very friendly. They all will come up if they need something, but I don't have any that are overly friendly like you guys. I'd love it if I did. But, I am kind of glad I don't b/c I am sure if I did, one of my DDogs would kill her
sad.png
*ignore me today...I'm heart broken*
Kristi

Kristi, I'm so sorry about the babies. One of my dogs, who died a few months ago himself, once broke through two doors, dove into a brooder and killed four guinea keets I had waited to get for months and months. I was sick with grief and so angry, I couldn't look at him for a long time. He had a very strong prey drive and was never allowed near any of the chickens, but that day, he knew we were occupied and the back door hadn't closed tight. It's so awful, I know.
Zah-Zah, your Charlotte is very pretty! I have a Buff Brahma, too, named Caroline.

Zah-zah & Speckledhen: Both Charlottes are so pretty. I have a few special chickens. My EE's have such sweet personalities. They are so cuddlely. Brownie, one of my EE always comes and says hello, loves to be held, and likes to snuggle before bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom