My Turkey called Taco

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
I can’t explain how much I love and adore my Turkey Taco, she’s the love of my life and a blessing to have around. Probably one of the most friendliest birds I’ve even owned, whenever she sees me at first she’s a bit timid but once I call her name she jumps onto the roost we made for them and jumps out of her container! (Well technically I have to put my hand out for her to jump on) Even if I walk by sometimes she just jumps out which is why I have to put a blanket over that spot now. She once jumped out four times just to lay in bed with me, she loves to sleep and peck and preen herself around me! honestly think she enjoys my company more then the other birds, she even jumps and walks all over me! she’s so wonderful and kind, she never pecks me hard or screams when I’m around her, like bro she’s basically my emotional support Turkey now, I’m very happy to be blessed with her presence every day of my life 💕❤️ (anyone else blessed with a bird / turkey like this? I’ve owned birds for 3 years and have never had such an affectionate bird before, also my first year raising turkeys!)

Attachments

• 4447ED32-69B7-40FB-862F-BF9F7403BD53.jpeg
    4447ED32-69B7-40FB-862F-BF9F7403BD53.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 56AFC6FF-F186-4DD1-8AB0-EDECCB6BD4F4.jpeg
    56AFC6FF-F186-4DD1-8AB0-EDECCB6BD4F4.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 965FF379-878A-4078-B057-752B967C23D1.jpeg
    965FF379-878A-4078-B057-752B967C23D1.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
well I certainly love my little taco but at this point I can’t live my life without her… I love her but she constantly wants out and I have to always tread carefully as to not wake her up otherwise she will start jumping and jumping until I let her out, but if that doesn’t work she results to crying while I’m trying to sleep, I can’t have any me time anymore without it being taco time as well, and it’s honestly not the worst, there’s worse punishments then having a Turkey chill with you all day, and I love her to pieces so how can I say no to her. All hail queen Taco!
(Currently writing this with a very angry / whiney taco who wants out)

Just found out today that if I start to run my little taco will chase after me and starts to cry if she can’t see me anymore, she like run flies all the way over to me, I hope she will do good when we start integrating them to the small coop and won’t cry for me all the time but I certainly do love her and her funny little personality!

I can’t explain how much I love and adore my Turkey Taco, she’s the love of my life and a blessing to have around. Probably one of the most friendliest birds I’ve even owned, whenever she sees me at first she’s a bit timid but once I call her name she jumps onto the roost we made for them and jumps out of her container! (Well technically I have to put my hand out for her to jump on) Even if I walk by sometimes she just jumps out which is why I have to put a blanket over that spot now. She once jumped out four times just to lay in bed with me, she loves to sleep and peck and preen herself around me! honestly think she enjoys my company more then the other birds, she even jumps and walks all over me! she’s so wonderful and kind, she never pecks me hard or screams when I’m around her, like bro she’s basically my emotional support Turkey now, I’m very happy to be blessed with her presence every day of my life 💕❤️ (anyone else blessed with a bird / turkey like this? I’ve owned birds for 3 years and have never had such an affectionate bird before, also my first year raising turkeys!)
Awww! We were recently thrown into the world of turkeys when my little sister brought home a Bourbon poult... obviously, I ended up being the one to raise it lol. She's the sweetest thing- we had her inside for the longest time until she started bullying the cats😅
20230624_170615.jpg
Now she's trying to learn how to get along with the chickens, duck and goose!

Awww! We were recently thrown into the world of turkeys when my little sister brought home a Bourbon poult... obviously, I ended up being the one to raise it lol. She's the sweetest thing- we had her inside for the longest time until she started bullying the cats😅
View attachment 3578194Now she's trying to learn how to get along with the chickens, duck and goose!
Aw! She looks super cute that’s adorable :)

Its a week later since I’ve made this post so now I’m going to post new updated photos of Taco, not much has changes except some new feather growth, she now can hop onto my bed with easy and loves to run in my room/closet whenever I let her, she run hops all over my room and gets sad if she can’t see me anymore so I have to follow her around constantly and speak to her constantly, but overall not much has changed I still love her with every bit of my heart ❤️ (sorry about the picture quality, it’s a bit hard since she’s constantly running around now..)

Attachments

• FC82CECB-7E96-4457-80B8-D56BF41829F5.jpeg
    FC82CECB-7E96-4457-80B8-D56BF41829F5.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 2
  • BDE9058E-D68B-48D5-B48D-0D296050D016.jpeg
    BDE9058E-D68B-48D5-B48D-0D296050D016.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 3
It’s been another week so I come baring pictures of my glorious taco, shes growing at a very good rate and struts at me a lot now (which I have read is a dominance thing), she loves too sit and sleep on my knee if I’m sitting down and is always constantly trying to see what I’m doing if I’m on my tablet or other devices, she’s definitely gotten better at flying and if I had to make a guess she can fly up by 3 feet, she’s very energetic and loves when I stroke her chest and overall is doing very good! (Even when writing this she is sitting on my knee)

Attachments

• E18DE782-9202-42E2-A580-19B7FF53012F.jpeg
    E18DE782-9202-42E2-A580-19B7FF53012F.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom