Mycoplasmosis advice?

FluffyFaverolles

Songster
Nov 28, 2020
Hi, I believe one of my hens has Mycoplasmosis and I’m a bit worried about her. We’ve made a vet appointment for her so she can get antibiotics, but it’s not until Thursday. Her eyes have been bubbly, her glands are swollen and she has nasal discharge. Her infraorbital sinuses are swollen, not extremely but they’re swollen. Still eating and drinking well but I can tell she’s been tired, she’s not usually so docile. We’ve been cleaning out her eyes with sterile saline. Is there anything else I can do to help her feel comfortable until Thursday comes other than quarantining her? I know that Mycoplasmosis isn’t typically fatal unless there’s complications, but I’m still worried about her. Thank you for any help ♥️ I just want her to feel better

Last edited:
Do you have photos of her?

Have you added new birds recently?
Any lesions inside the beak or bad odors?

General care is to do what you have been doing. Flush eyes with saline, press out any pus, remove bubbles, etc. and apply an ointment like Terramycin in the eyes.

Symptoms can be addressed with antibiotics like Tylan/Tylosin, Tetracyclines and Tiamulin. Medication is not a cure. If she has Mycoplasma, then she will be a carrier for life. You flock will be considered exposed and carriers as well, so closing your flock is the best course of action.

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/PS044

Back
Top Bottom