mystery chicken.....started with "these two dudes"

RSL Hen. Up her protein and it should help with her feather issues. I'd be inclined to also check for external parasites.

Keep a close eye on all chickens now. I'm assuming there was no quarantine when your roomie decided it was a good idea to take chickens from strangers.

Pics are so blurry I'm not guessing.
Does look like a really large comb but the color looks like a female red sex link.

My sentiments exactly. But I'd say a Red Sex-link female that is possibly an ex-battery hen, although her beak doesn't appear to be clipped which is pretty standard in laying houses. Follow @Overo Mare's advice and keep an eye on everyone. She should settle down and start laying soon.

My sentiments exactly. But I'd say a Red Sex-link female that is possibly an ex-battery hen, although her beak doesn't appear to be clipped which is pretty standard in laying houses. Follow @Overo Mare's advice and keep an eye on everyone. She should settle down and start laying soon.
I almost said that. I do wonder if she's spent though and that's why they dumped her.

RSL Hen. Up her protein and it should help with her feather issues. I'd be inclined to also check for external parasites.

Keep a close eye on all chickens now. I'm assuming there was no quarantine when your roomie decided it was a good idea to take chickens from strangers.
Agreed. The poor girl. :( I don’t like hearing sad chicken stories. I‘m not sure how chickens are treated in your area but I don’t like people who put chickens in cages. There’s a huge demand for meat and eggs and sadly things like this happen. :( Update us on how she goes! :)

Update...the mystery chicken is a hen. Or transgender...I found it yesterday in the nesting box so I'm assuming he's a she.

I can't verify if she is actually laying any eggs yet or which eggs might be hers'. I have to catch her in an eggless box and then wait until she lays something to identify her eggs. I currently do not know any birds unique eggs as has never really been important to me.

Back
Top Bottom