Mystery Duckling

OK, I'll post again when it gets it's feathers. In the meantime, she's doubled in weight in only 5 days :p
1616816669216.png

I bought some duck eggs from a display in a local outdoor restuarant, and took them home to see if any were fertile. About half were. So far, only Lemon has seen fit to break out of her shell. I think the remainder are Muscovies, and will hopefully hatch out this weekend. But what variety could Lemon be? I am no expert on ducks, this is my first time. I realize she's too young to identify definitively, but I'm wondering what the candidate varieties would be. With her solid yellow body (no gray or black) and white highlights on her face and breast, I'm guessing a white Pekin. But there are undoubtedly other breeds which have ducklings that look like her. Can you suggest what other breeds she might turn out to be?View attachment 2582855
The mystery deepens. These 12 ducklings all pipped on day 24 within a couple of hours of one another. From the same source as the first duckling. Full yellow, yellow with black, and mostly black with yellow spots. My best guess would be Muscovy hybrids?

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_124346.jpg
    IMG_20210416_124346.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom