Mystery Incubator

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
Okay, so - my cousin is letting me borrow an extra incubator that he doesn’t use anymore and this is what he gave me. There was only one sheet in the box from GQF that only mention temps and how many days of incubation different species take. There wasn’t any manual in it and there wasn’t any incubator name or brand anywhere, so I think it is a knockoff incubator. Does anyone have one? And know how to use it?

Attachments

• F4BD3492-724A-4606-AFEB-BF7C13AEB27E.jpeg
    F4BD3492-724A-4606-AFEB-BF7C13AEB27E.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2066DB40-3B91-46CC-AABD-3B44C670BBDD.jpeg
    2066DB40-3B91-46CC-AABD-3B44C670BBDD.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 4
Okay, so - my cousin is letting me borrow an extra incubator that he doesn’t use anymore and this is what he gave me. There was only one sheet in the box from GQF that only mention temps and how many days of incubation different species take. There wasn’t any manual in it and there wasn’t any incubator name or brand anywhere, so I think it is a knockoff incubator. Does anyone have one? And know how to use it?
Hi!
That is a Chinabator. They are usually pretty horrible. Run it with a ton of calibrated thermometers inside before you put any eggs in it, and use really cheap eggs if you ever try do use it. It's very rare that anything hatches out of those incubators. They're very instable.
(I can guess why he doesn't use it anymore. :lol: )

Hi!
That is a Chinabator. They are usually pretty horrible. Run it with a ton of calibrated thermometers inside before you put any eggs in it, and use really cheap eggs if you ever try do use it. It's very rare that anything hatches out of those incubators. They're very instable.
(I can guess why he doesn't use it anymore. :lol: )
That’s what I was thinking it was. For it to have absolutely nothing in terms of anything identifiable or connecting to a brand name. He said it didn’t do well but he thought it was something he did ( I doubt it, he’s been at the chicken game for a long time ). He did also let me use one of his styrofoam little giant incubators that was probably last used 14 years ago....lol. Good thing the eggs are from my own chickens. Bad news is I’m hatching these chicks to sell to a guy I went to high school with and his uncle.

It seems like the only reliable incubator I have right now is my NR360 but doesn’t quite hold enough

That’s what I was thinking it was. For it to have absolutely nothing in terms of anything identifiable or connecting to a brand name. He said it didn’t do well but he thought it was something he did ( I doubt it, he’s been at the chicken game for a long time ). He did also let me use one of his styrofoam little giant incubators that was probably last used 14 years ago....lol. Good thing the eggs are from my own chickens. Bad news is I’m hatching these chicks to sell to a guy I went to high school with and his uncle.

It seems like the only reliable incubator I have right now is my NR360 but doesn’t quite hold enough
Oh, haha, yeah. I have a chinabator (Janoel 12) and it came with horribly translated instructions that didn't make any sense, and it didn't work very well at all. Though the Janoel is probably the best of the chinabators.
Could you maybe fill the NR and put extras in the chinabator? How many chicks are you trying to hatch?

Back
Top Bottom