Naughty Mama Duck

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
My neighbor (who normally hates my animals) delivered me a whole bucket of duck eggs....MY ducks eggs. Silly mama duck decided since I was constantly scavenging her nests, she would go over to her shrubs and hide a little nest.
Stinker!

smile.png

ROFL!!! Another duck egg nest, Kim?? Wow! You have some monster egg laying ducks!! You're lucky you don't have a drake! You'd have hundreds of ducklings walking around.

Laurie

Quote:
Hehehe....that's an idea. I have LOTS of drakes. She probably wouldn't even notice an extra critter running around. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

And I am supposed to go back to her house.

Oh you're evil!! I Like it!

Laurie

One of my girls escaped today. This makes me think that she was looking for a better nest area. She keeps moving her nest when she finds out I am taking the eggs. Smart little hussie.

Your attempts are all in vain my duck enabling friends...
lau.gif

Just for kicks and giggles, I popped one of those duck eggs open and VOILA! Fertile!

There must be some wild mallard drake dropping by or one of the girls is double gendered... is that even possible? Hmmm? lol

So, Mama duck spent the night locked in a barn stall full of soft inviting hay along with all of her eggs. And this morning when I went to let her out, she had made a nice little nest and dropped a new egg in it.

I need another duck like a hole in the head but hey...you cant fight Mother Nature....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom