Neater feeders - amazing for reducing mess

Fawkes

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2011
I saw neater feeders discussed on a duck blog article a few months back and realized that was what I'd been needing. I bought a small one on Chewy that was 30% off, then realized the bowls weren't deep enough for adult ducks, so got the medium size. The small I use for treats or would work for ducklings.

It's probably the best thing I've ever bought haha. I can't believe I never had one before a few months ago. It almost eliminates any mess, and with an absorbent bath mat in front of it, it completely eliminates any water getting on the floor.

Plus, one of my ducks has too much throat tissue and he much prefers an elevated thing to eat and drink out of, it looks much easier for him. And he's always been bad about not blowing his nostrils out, so he'd sometimes get stopped up nostrils and apparent sinus infections, but his sinus infection cleared up quickly after getting this feeder and I never see his nostrils stopped up now. He must like blowing his nostrils in these bowls.

Some things you only really learn from what others recommend - like I remember it being a game changer when someone on this forum recommended I use washable puppy pads for ducklings lol. If anyone else has messy or strange ducks like mine, or you're raising ducklings, I'd definitely recommend this feeder! It's a bit expensive tbh but durable and worth every penny.

Not the best pic lol, but you can see my duck Percy with the throat issues eating here. There's actually 2 bowls in the feeder but you can't tell from this angle.

Percy can only really safely eat food from in his water so him and his buddies can be pretty messy with water and wet bits of food but the feeder keeps it all in there! That's because the water goes down into a compartment underneath that they can't access.

Attachments

• 20240225_080718.jpg
    20240225_080718.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 29
Not the best pic lol, but you can see my duck Percy with the throat issues eating here. There's actually 2 bowls in the feeder but you can't tell from this angle.

Percy can only really safely eat food from in his water so him and his buddies can be pretty messy with water and wet bits of food but the feeder keeps it all in there! That's because the water goes down into a compartment underneath that they can't access.
Where did you get this feeder?

Yeah I got mine from Chewy because they had a deal of 30% off. But Amazon has them too and probably many pet stores.

Back
Top Bottom