Need Advice about Hatching Egg. Day 22

saving grace

Loving Life
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2021
Canada
So, I don't want to get into the full story here, but long story short my broody just hatched two chicks out, but she's stopped sitting on the last egg that has pipped. I've brought the egg inside (she was rolling the egg around and stuff so I was worried for the chick) and put it in a box with a heat pack (made sure it's not too hot). I can hear the chick in there and it sounds strong. It must have pipped sometime last night or this morning.

Obviously the humidity has all been messed up, so I'm wondering if it's going to be too dry for the chick to hatch. Is there anything I can do to help? I know not to assist hatching unless it's been at least a day since they've pipped and there's no progress.

Thanks in advance!

Here's what the egg looks like currently. It's beak pops out a little every once and a while. Is it going to zip soon, do you think?
20230719_180734.jpg

I ended up assisting the chick very, very carefully as it hatched. In about two hours the chick was out of the egg safely! I dabbed the membrane with coconut oil as he chipped along because it did seem quite dry. I immediately put the chick under Momma and all seems good! :wee
Sorry nobody replied
So glad to hear it’s all working out

Back
Top Bottom