Need help on coop design

Friar

Hatching
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Iowa
Hey everyone I'm new to the site and it's great. Lot's of information found on here. Could use some ideas on coop design though. I currently have a shed which is 12'x8'x8'. My plan is to wall up one end about 3.5'x 8' with a walk through door most likely 2' wide. It's the inside coop layout I could use the help with. This will be for 4-5 hens and I plan on a run but don't know the size just yet. Any ideas would sure be helpful.....
big_smile.png

Thanks!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

If you could post some pictures of the shed then we will be able to help answering some of the ???/

thank you.

The way I have my coop setup is on one wall I have the nest boxes. About 2ft off the ground. On the other side I have my roosts. In the middle is where I keep the hanging feeder. Their waterers are kept outside. Underneath the nest boxes is where I have my pop door for the chickens to get into the run. When you make your nests and roosts make sure the roosts are higher or they will sleep in the nests. You will definitely need some ventilation up high too. Any specific things about the inside you are curious about?

Back
Top Bottom