Need help with cockreal wyandotte color

Littleprairiemom

Chirping
Aug 4, 2021
Hey all!

I just need some expert eyes on what color variety this wyandotte cockreal is. We hatched him from a blue laced red wyandotte breeder however we were told that there we possible mix breedings. Main concern is we just want to take a cockreal that will show well at county fair for my daughter we are not looking to actually breed

Attachments

• PXL_20220510_000813091.jpg
    PXL_20220510_000813091.jpg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20220510_000816935.jpg
    PXL_20220510_000816935.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 3
I agree that he looks pure. The variety is not APA recognized however so definitely look carefully at your fair's guidelines. When I was in 4-H and showing I unknowingly entered some rare at the time breeds (Rhodebar and Cream Legbar) into the 4-H class and all were disqualified and automatically given "C" ribbons because they weren't recognized. If I entered them in open class however they would have been fine and not disqualified and instead judged more on their condition. Definitely consult your 4-H leader and fair board to avoid disappointment! :)

I agree that he looks pure. The variety is not APA recognized however so definitely look carefully at your fair's guidelines. When I was in 4-H and showing I unknowingly entered some rare at the time breeds (Rhodebar and Cream Legbar) into the 4-H class and all were disqualified and automatically given "C" ribbons because they weren't recognized. If I entered them in open class however they would have been fine and not disqualified and instead judged more on their condition. Definitely consult your 4-H leader and fair board to avoid disappointment! :)
Thank you for that information! We are showing open class because she is too young to do 4H, she's only 6 :) that's good to know though for the future. He's so gorgeous I want to take him and see what we can get with him!

Back
Top Bottom