Need Ideas for Coop Ramp/Ladder/Access??

Maybe fire-escape-stairs style??
fireescape.jpg

Maybe fire-escape-stairs style??
View attachment 1258202
That is actually what I came up with this morning. I put the ramp in yesterday, but I think it is too steep. I am going to attempt a two level of this idea - someday soon. The babies did use the ramp last night, but only because I gave them no choice. I also made them use it this morning, but they seemed a little hesitant.
THANKS ALL

Also how wide is that ramp? My limited experience shows me that they don't like ramps narrower than about ten inches if they are tall or steep.
The ramp that is there now is a 2x6 with scrap plywood and OSB for traction every 6 inches. The babies are using it, but I am picking them up and putting them on the ramp. I will likely rework it after I get the nest boxes in.

I have the nest boxes framed into the south wall. I added the roost or step bar across the front of what will be their nest boxes. They have to jump to there, but it leads to the now much less steep ramp to their back coop - they have to make a second leap to the ramp but it seems to be working for them. All three went to their coop - by themselves - tonight :)
BackRamp.jpg

Now I need the door, nest boxes, and ROOF! LOL By then it may be warm enough to get the PVC watering system back out.

Back
Top Bottom