Need Some Help??

JoeFarmer24

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2023
I Noticed one of my Rhode Island Red
Hens she lost her feathers around her Vent is this Normal or is it something More Serious she is eating drinking and is acting perfectly Normal My other 6 Chickens do not have this issue
BAA1B215-1D23-4C06-86B2-308D414AAAA5.jpeg

Looks like some feather pecking. Can you check for any moving lice or mites under her vent? How much room do they have? What are they eating? I might spray some BluKote, or put some Nustock cream or pine tar on the bare area to prevent pecking.

Looks like some feather pecking. Can you check for any moving lice or mites under her vent? How much room do they have? What are they eating? I might spray some BluKote, or put some Nustock cream or pine tar on the bare area to prevent pecking.
7108A4FD-B885-49C9-89C8-F38F48354060.jpeg
They are eating Dumor Crumble and this is there Coop and run

One of your other chickens is pulling the feathers out, the two main reasons for this are boredom (if they’re in that coop/run all day), or not enough protein in their food. Unless you free range them part of the day, I’d build them an extended run so they have more space.

I had a feather plucker and two naked A$$ hens until I started free ranging them in the afternoons ☹️

One of your other chickens is pulling the feathers out, the two main reasons for this are boredom (if they’re in that coop/run all day), or not enough protein in their food. Unless you free range them part of the day, I’d build them an extended run so they have more space.

I had a feather plucker and two naked A$$ hens until I started free ranging them in the afternoons ☹️
Hi I would love to Free Range them but We have a lot of Red Tailed Hawks in my Neighborhood!! I built this extended run thatIs attached to the Chicken Coop!!🐔🐔🐔

Attachments

• 0F81DAE6-D044-4CFF-808B-C4C40112E227.jpeg
    0F81DAE6-D044-4CFF-808B-C4C40112E227.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Understood, I only let my girls out when I can watch them like a hawk so they don’t get eaten by one. I think ours are Cooper’s hawks, they’re smaller.

Back
Top Bottom