Nesting Box Curtains?

Did you hot glue the gathered curtains to the box? I am sitting here thinking how I will attach them. Don't want to screw them on and the hot glue idea will need to involve extension cord to keep the gun hot while applying the curtains.

I use wire as curtain rod, and the burlap bags from coffee beans as curtain (for better airflow, and easy to thread the wire through), and use push pin or small nail to hold up the wire on strategic spots, for my jury-rigged curtain over the nesting box. Not a perfect solution, but a lazy one!!

My chickens are starting to lay and I am wondering if nesting box curtains are a good idea? We have two boxes and 6 hens. Sometimes when one goes in a box, others will go in the coop to pace and watch. What style curtains are best…the kind you tie back on the sides with the middle open or the strips/flaps that cover the whole box?
My hems prefer a plain cardboard box half full of shavings, the box flaps are barely open and they all (6) lay in that a pile of nice eggs daily even in snow

Back
Top Bottom