New member Needs HELP 3 weeks chick with FOWL POX

Poor little thing.

If she's running about, eating/drinking, then personally, I would not attempt to remove the lesions at all. I agree, may be more harm than help.
I would continue with the care you are already giving. Hopefully she's seen the worst of it.

Poor little thing.

If she's running about, eating/drinking, then personally, I would not attempt to remove the lesions at all. I agree, may be more harm than help.
I would continue with the care you are already giving. Hopefully she's seen the worst of it.
🙏🙏🙏

I would agree. If she looks good, leave it. I tend to not be too aggressive with treatments, because you can cause more problems. Let us know how she gets along.
I now see where the mosquitos were breeding, in the water nipple cups! Then they fly right into the coop :( Emptying it daily from now on and there is no standing water around our house.

The older hens all have recovered from the fowl pox few days before these little one hatched. I thought I have cleaned out the coop and the run well enough smh.

I will post more pictures of her later on this week...as she gets better 🙏 I wish I can find pictures of chicks that have recovered from fowl pox here. It would give me hopes and better expectations as to the aftermath as well. Thank you again!

Good news guys, she is much better this week. All lesions are dried up and should fall off any day now.
However, the other baby chick started limping. Out of nowhere last week one morning, she started limping. This week, she rarely walks. I inspected her leg, and there is not a sign of injury. She is eating, drinking and acting normal otherwise. I brought her inside for now. Any idea please?

It could be an injury, but you might get try to get pictures of the legs from the front at eye level while holding the chick upright. Make sure that it gets enough water and food.

Good news guys, she is much better this week. All lesions are dried up and should fall off any day now.
However, the other baby chick started limping. Out of nowhere last week one morning, she started limping. This week, she rarely walks. I inspected her leg, and there is not a sign of injury. She is eating, drinking and acting normal otherwise. I brought her inside for now. Any idea please?
What happened to this limping chicken?

What happened to this limping chicken?
Hi Kiki. She snapped out of it right after she got over the fowl pox. She is healthy and well :) thank you!
However, the other chick just started having a runny nose on one side only, which is the same side with swollen face. No bubble eye nor sneezing. She drinks, eats and moves around but not as much as her usual self. I wonder what is wrong with her.

Back
Top Bottom