New Muscovy Duck Just Appeared in my Flock

I have 8 ducks in my flock. They are about 8 months old. We let them out at the crack of dawn every morning from their coup, they spend the day foraging and swimming in our huge 3-4 acre pond/lake and right before sundown they happily go back in their cozy home. I have 2 drakes in my flock and all is going great.

I do all this because we have predators and I want them safe.

Here is my problem. A new "duck" showed up a week ago and he has no plans to leave. He has tried to just come in the coup with the rest, but we have not allowed it. He is huge and I'm not sure how he would be in there all night. I feel bad because where we live its still freezing at night. He sleeps outside the door. I don't think he is a wild duck because he comes right up to me when I'm calling the ducks in at night.

Does anyone have experience with Muscovy Ducks? I've attached a photo, showing his size and my ducks. I'm assuming he flew in. No one I know has ducks in my area but me. I'm now at the point where I want to keep him safe.

Any advice would be great, this is my first attempt at raising ducks, but this is one problem I never saw coming. Thanks in advance!
really? how did you sleep?! Any nimal should be protected from the cold, you could have let him in, grabbed him and took him to the bathroom or any room for the night, Why are people so mean, I know their not that stupid!!!!

really? how did you sleep?! Any nimal should be protected from the cold, you could have let him in, grabbed him and took him to the bathroom or any room for the night, Why are people so mean, I know their not that stupid!!!!
I am sorry to be harsh but the life of an animal is in human hands, we are to protect them,
you made me cry just to think of a freezing animal next to your door and you knew it was wrong?! I hope others who read this will take a lesson and never let an animal freeze, It was a duck not a dinosaur! It wasnt going to eat you! Also, how can a duck dig deep into frozen hard dirt with their beaks, feed them!!

I am sorry to be harsh but the life of an animal is in human hands, we are to protect them,
you made me cry just to think of a freezing animal next to your door and you knew it was wrong?! I hope others who read this will take a lesson and never let an animal freeze, It was a duck not a dinosaur! It wasnt going to eat you! Also, how can a duck dig deep into frozen hard dirt with their beaks, feed them!!
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom