New To Guinea's

Guineas are excellant eating. Mine don't lay until the following spring from when they were hatched and the eggs are very good.
Guineas are much wilder than chickens and very independent.

Hope you dont mind me buttin' in Jones-e......by the way if I havnt said it already
welcome-byc.gif
....did you get rain last night? We had out first crazy storm of the year !~!!!...alot of heat lightning ....well anyways .....
I wanted to ask also ...when you get Guinea's should you keep them in the coop for a period of time like you do when you get new chickens ?...so they know where home is ...I also heard they like to do there own thing and we have woods surronding us ..will they come back to roost?..thanks folks ...

Yes keep them in the coup for a while. Mine run all over the neighborhood even after they have been locked down for weeks.
Luckily, I have very nice neighbors who think the guineas are cool.

My guineas started laying eggs at 17 wks. They were raised with chicken the same age. They actually started laying before the chickens. They roost every night with my chickens. The eggs and meat taste almost the same as chicken also. However guineas are all dark meat. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom