New to the Group!

newhenmama

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Snohomish
Greetings fellow Chicken Lovers! I am new to this group, invited by HoneysuckleHills. Our family has twelve 7-week-old chicks, one we're pretty sure is a Rooster, that our 3-yr-old daughter has fallen in love with. Thank goodness we're allowed Roosters where we live. I'm new to this, never owned chickens before, but seem to be getting the hang out of.

We are moving them into our outside coop this weekend, once it's secured. Any tips? Do we need to have the outdoor pin covered on top as well? Do I keep water outside, too or just inside? Thanks for the advice! :)

Welcome to BYC and to chickens! :) I'm assuming you've probably already got those birds out there for the weekend, but yes, having the outdoor pen covered is never a bad idea (flying predators and climbing ones) and neither is keeping water in the run as well. Often times when they are first put out they need help finding their way back inside the coop and making sure there is water outside as well as in helps reduce stress. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom