No shell egg?

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
My bantam about two years old now has had this problem on and off with no explainable reason. I’ve solved this before with calcium pills, however I’ve been giving it to her once a day and to no avail because her eggs are still falling out of her with no shell. I’m worried fhis will lead to an infection but I also know you can have too much calcium in your body. Should I be giving her the calcium citrate TWICE a day instead?? And should I be taking any precautions incase of infection?

What exact kind of calcium are you giving her?
Does it also have Vit D?

What all and and how exactly do you give her a regular feeding?

What exact kind of calcium are you giving her?
Does it also have Vit D?

What all and and how exactly do you give her a regular feeding?
https://www.amazon.com/21st-Century...cphy=9008562&hvtargid=pla-1104094590475&psc=1

Here’s the exact brand I’m using and it does have vitamin D. I also feed them twice a day but I’m maybe worried she’s getting run off from the food because she is one of the smallest and usually has to wait to eat. I’ll take a look into that. I also ordered some oyster shells so I hope that helps

Here’s the exact brand I’m using and it does have vitamin D. I also feed them twice a day but I’m maybe worried she’s getting run off from the food because she is one of the smallest and usually has to wait to eat. I’ll take a look into that. I also ordered some oyster shells so I hope that helps
Yeah, they should have feed available every hour they are awake.
For just the reason you stated, pecking order can interfere with access.
Plus they eat small amounts thru the day, 2 crop fulls isn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom