Not chickens, but geese... Need information!!

vbrowne1

Chirping
Dec 17, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Hi!! So, my chicken breeding has become sucessful. I am on my 5th hatch and had some cuties! Everyone on here was awesome at helping me learn new things and become a better chicken mommy. However, i need your help again.

We decided to add some geese to our zoo, esp after some wild mallards took residence in our pool (speeding up its conversion into a pond). We ended up with two african geese, and i am in love. They are about a week and a half, and we got them from one of the more reputable feed stores here in Arizona. I have done a TON of research on them, and they are quickly getting super attached to their mommy.

My 1st question is what do you guys think the sexes are? The yellow one is more vocal, more watchful, and more nibbly. The other is more laid back. Both are ridiculously cute.

Second, ive gotten tons of information on food options, but what do you all recommend? We have little actual grass here, so i want to makesure all their needs are met. We plan on planting some grasses and stuff for them, but ik it wont be a large enough area to sustain them (and thats if i can keep it alive).

Housing wise and yard wise they are set. I just want to make sure i give them the best care possible.

Attachments

• 20200427_082328.jpg
    20200427_082328.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200429_083839_HDR.jpg
    20200429_083839_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200427_082144.jpg
    20200427_082144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
This was a good choice for where to post the what-sex question, but since it clearly didn't get noticed by anyone with goose experience, then the goose forum is probably the right place to try next.

There are so many forums that it's easy to miss some of them :)

This was a good choice for where to post the what-sex question, but since it clearly didn't get noticed by anyone with goose experience, then the goose forum is probably the right place to try next.

There are so many forums that it's easy to miss some of them :)
Dont i know it! Geese are all new to me. I know how amazing this site is for getting information, and i am always discovering new aspects of this place!!!

Back
Top Bottom