Not sure if my Polish chicken is sick.. please help.

Mrsboostfarmer

Hatching
May 11, 2021
My 2 month old polish chicken isn’t acting like the other chickens. Not sure if she’s sick or that’s just her personality, but her head just stays down and she doesn’t seem to active. I have separated her from the flock. the reason I separated her was because I noticed blood in chicken poop, so I started observing all the chickens and noticed she was the most quiet one there. Well not I see no blood anywhere and its been 2 days already. But polish chicken that I separated is still acting low.. not sure what is happening.
last picture I attached is of her just chilling on carpet. She flies out of her container. Yes she can fly but not too high. :)
FYI, since day 1, I have been giving them medicated feed and also consulted this issue with an expert at a store who said my polish doesn’t have coccidiosis. And she also doesn’t have blood anywhere on her or in her poop. 861128E0-50E7-4DBD-8EBA-C49FC380FBF9.jpeg Just chilling on

Attachments

• FAE59B7B-00E4-4ACF-AEED-02BFBED4AB19.jpeg
    FAE59B7B-00E4-4ACF-AEED-02BFBED4AB19.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2B979CD4-43F9-43FA-9ED2-40054E3B56B0.jpeg
    2B979CD4-43F9-43FA-9ED2-40054E3B56B0.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 6
I brought her inside the house just so I can watch her, but I’m still taking her outside.
Yes, I will trim her head feathers.
i have another polish, same age as her (2 months old) he also acts down most of the time..but when I play with him he seems okay. So that gets me confused to why female polish is behaving differently or if it’s just her nature.
is there any other reason why she may be acting this way? :(
Should I observe her for another day and put her back with the others? Please advise.
Thanks for all your help 🥺

I brought her inside the house just so I can watch her, but I’m still taking her outside.
Yes, I will trim her head feathers.
i have another polish, same age as her (2 months old) he also acts down most of the time..but when I play with him he seems okay. So that gets me confused to why female polish is behaving differently or if it’s just her nature.
is there any other reason why she may be acting this way? :(
Should I observe her for another day and put her back with the others? Please advise.
Thanks for all your help 🥺
I would try and deworm her, as one single fly or ant or worm that was infested, could have been enough. Until you get the dewormer, make a tea: oregano, fennel, sage, thyme and aniseed. Let it steep for at least one hour and serve instead of water.
And after deworming add some poultry vitamins to their drinking water for max. 3 days, prepare fresh every day.

You can weigh her to keep track of her development. At her young age and still growing, she should still be gaining weight every day.

I would try and deworm her, as one single fly or ant or worm that was infested, could have been enough. Until you get the dewormer, make a tea: oregano, fennel, sage, thyme and aniseed. Let it steep for at least one hour and serve instead of water.
And after deworming add some poultry vitamins to their drinking water for max. 3 days, prepare fresh every day.

You can weigh her to keep track of her development. At her young age and still growing, she should still be gaining weight every day.
I will definitely do that.
I have been giving her poultry vitamin water soluble premix. Just as a precaution gave the other birds as well.

Back
Top Bottom