Nutrenas Country Feeds Scratch Grains

lynviviana

Chirping
Jul 4, 2021
I began feeding Nutrenas Country Feeds Scratch Grains about three weeks ago.. is there anything on scratch grains that i should know?? what is the difference between layer feed and this??

I began feeding Nutrenas Country Feeds Scratch Grains about three weeks ago.. is there anything on scratch grains that i should know?? what is the difference between layer feed and this??
Scratch grains are meant to be a TREAT ONLY.
You will still need to feed them layer feed as the bulk of their diet.
Scratch grains should only be a handful or so for the entire day (depending on the size of your flock).

Layer feed, however, is essential for their diet and you must keep feeding them Layer Feed.

Good luck, and I noticed you're new, so :welcome!
Come to us with any questions and we'll be glad to help!
Wishing you a safe flock!

Scratch grains are meant to be a TREAT ONLY.
You will still need to feed them layer feed as the bulk of their diet.
Scratch grains should only be a handful or so for the entire day (depending on the size of your flock).

Layer feed, however, is essential for their diet and you must keep feeding them Layer Feed.

Good luck, and I noticed you're new, so :welcome!
Come to us with any questions and we'll be glad to help!
Wishing you a safe flock!
No wayyy....I had been feeding them this daily. What happens if i continue feeding this?

No wayyy....I had been feeding them this daily. What happens if i continue feeding this?
You can feed it daily, but just a small amount.
They DO need layer feed, though.

If you continue feeding JUST scratch grains, your flock is likely to stop laying eggs, or having a drop in egg production due to lack of nutrition.

Long term.....malnutrition resulting in low/no egg production followed by poor body and feather condition, illness and shortened life spans.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom