Odd egg?

Jenjenners

Chirping
May 22, 2020
Hilo, Hawaii
Looked through lots of weird egg posts, but didn’t see one like this! Think the duck who laid it was the last of my 3 to start laying (she’s been on and off laying). Pretty sure she didn’t lay yesterday—so is this weird appendage on today’s egg just the egg from the day before but not developed properly?

Pic also of my usual eggs, thinking the pretty greenish eggs come from the gray runner mix? The inconsistent one I think is the brown runner mix, she’s always been a bit behind, I think the Swedish might be the other consistent layer of whitish eggs—is that a good guess? They’ve only been laying for about 2-3 weeks, first the greenish eggs came and the gray is 2 weeks older, that’s why I think they’re hers...plus my research leads me to believe runners have green more often?

And now that they’re full grown, any other speculation on their actual breeds is welcome! (Still can’t believe my beautiful mallard colored boy was completely black head to toe as a duckling! He’s changed so much!!)

And so far everyone is getting along, well, swimmingly, lol. Hoping that continues!!! 🤞🏻 Haven’t seen the boys fight ever, and they seem pretty polite with mating the girls so far... But I know not to take for granted!
9C7B2B7D-CED3-44B1-B77A-02474D5F7EC5.jpeg
B5FA373B-8830-4596-8291-C51CAF67388E.jpeg
CF5CFA58-97D8-4AF6-A032-2AF987CB586A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom