Odd pupils 7 week chick

I just got 3 chicks when they were 3 days old. They are now 7 weeks. These are the only chickens I have. The other 2 show no symptoms. The chick in question only shows the odd pupils (both eyes) and is smaller. I’m really hoping it’s some congenital issue. I will have to wait and see I guess.

Since you don't already have Mareks in your flock and your chick isn't acting strange (lethargic, having a hard time walking), I'm guessing it's normal. As for her size, we always have some that are larger and some that are smaller, even in the same breed. Keep us posted!

Since you don't already have Mareks in your flock and your chick isn't acting strange (lethargic, having a hard time walking), I'm guessing it's normal. As for her size, we always have some that are larger and some that are smaller, even in the same breed. Keep us posted!
I will! Thank you so much ☺️

Let us know what happens. The irregular is not normal at all. But I cannot say that it ocular Mareks either at this point. That why I would watch it and take pictures again if the eye color becomes more grey and the pupils become more fuzzy. These changes in ocular Mareks do not happen overnight, but make take a few weeks. I haven’t dealt with it before, but have just heard others.

There is a birth defect called coloboma or keyhole pupils in humans, animals and birds. It is not connected with Mareks or blindness.
1605204328592.png

Let us know what happens. The irregular is not normal at all. But I cannot say that it ocular Mareks either at this point. That why I would watch it and take pictures again if the eye color becomes more grey and the pupils become more fuzzy. These changes in ocular Mareks do not happen overnight, but make take a few weeks. I haven’t dealt with it before, but have just heard others.

There is a birth defect called coloboma or keyhole pupils in humans, animals and birds. It is not connected with Mareks or blindness.
View attachment 2408709
Thank you, I will be monitoring and documenting weekly. I’m hoping it’s Coloboma...that maybe she has some congenital issues. She’s active and eats well, and is the best flyer of the 3...she’s just a little smaller. I’ll keep everyone posted. 😊

Back
Top Bottom