OEG yellow legs

Legolas13

Chirping
May 14, 2020
I have just acquired four Old English Game (fowl not bantams), a common partridge variety. One cockerel and one pullet have yellow legs , the other cockerel and pullet have darker legs (sort of a dark olive or slate). Can someone tell me what is the correct colour for this variety of OEG?

I have just acquired four Old English Game (fowl not bantams), a common partridge variety. One cockerel and one pullet have yellow legs , the other cockerel and pullet have darker legs (sort of a dark olive or slate). Can someone tell me what is the correct colour for this variety of OEG?
I think it depends on the strain that you get. I believe the standard requires white legs, but I'll have to look later. I looked at pictures of them, & not all OEGs have plain white legs, some have yellow, Slate, & green.

OEG game standard breed is white legged. American Games is what it sounds like that you have. The yellow legged stag(cockerel) is probably a strain(breed) of three different strains or more. And the pullet is still a different strain of American Gamefowl again.

Back
Top Bottom