Official Salmon Favorelles discussion.

It’s funny you ask, I believe she laid her first egg yesterday! It’s a small pinkish cream longer skinny pullet size egg. She’s 23.5 weeks old :)
Aww that’s awesome!! do you have any pictures of what she looks like now that she’s matured? I think I forget that salmon favorells have smaller combs than usual, but my favorelles has a small comb and it’s barely red.

Aww that’s awesome!! do you have any pictures of what she looks like now that she’s matured? I think I forget that salmon favorells have smaller combs than usual, but my favorelles has a small comb and it’s barely red.
Yes! Here is one from this morning. It’s still a rather light color but darker than before :)

Attachments

• 332BE4B6-BB73-4F54-92E1-F9F0F27FE112.jpeg
    332BE4B6-BB73-4F54-92E1-F9F0F27FE112.jpeg
    682.7 KB · Views: 13
So yall!
I have a question...a chance to get 4 hens and 1 roo that have been show birds...someone rehoming their flock.
They range from pullet age to 3 years old.
I LUV their cheeks and I've wanted to incorporate those and their coloring into my breeding project with Silkies, Satins and Cochins.
Can yall tell me personality wise if they are similar at all to what i currently have?
@kurby22 I know you are familiar with my babies so wanted your input!
$400 is askin price then I'd have to pay shipping.

So yall!
I have a question...a chance to get 4 hens and 1 roo that have been show birds...someone rehoming their flock.
They range from pullet age to 3 years old.
I LUV their cheeks and I've wanted to incorporate those and their coloring into my breeding project with Silkies, Satins and Cochins.
Can yall tell me personality wise if they are similar at all to what i currently have?
@kurby22 I know you are familiar with my babies so wanted your input!
$400 is askin price then I'd have to pay shipping.
My SF is a very sweet girl, she's noisy though! They talk a LOT haha, not super loud unless laying, but chatty! Will spill all the tea on the flock with you while you visit. She is definitely low in the pecking order, even below my white "street" silkie Betty White, but gets along with everyone. I think they would end up doing fine with your flock! Lower than the cochins and sassier d'Uccles but higher in the order than most of your silkies. I have no experience with the roosters but have heard they are really great in general as far as personalities go. If the breeder is a good one, they should have great personalities and be sweet and gentle. I think you would like them! That is a pretty good price for 5 show quality birds! I've paid almost that much for 3 bobtail cochin roosters :D

My SF is a very sweet girl, she's noisy though! They talk a LOT haha, not super loud unless laying, but chatty! Will spill all the tea on the flock with you while you visit. She is definitely low in the pecking order, even below my white "street" silkie Betty White, but gets along with everyone. I think they would end up doing fine with your flock! Lower than the cochins and sassier d'Uccles but higher in the order than most of your silkies. I have no experience with the roosters but have heard they are really great in general as far as personalities go. If the breeder is a good one, they should have great personalities and be sweet and gentle. I think you would like them! That is a pretty good price for 5 show quality birds! I've paid almost that much for 3 bobtail cochin roosters :D
I don't need 5 though! That's the problem...n convincing DH lol.
Size wise are they bout size of Silkies?
My 3 porcelain d'uccles are sassy and high in pecking order even with my 2 oldest Satin hens! I just hate to pass up on such an amazing deal when I've wanted bantam SF! But I don't need five!
Ugh

I don't need 5 though! That's the problem...n convincing DH lol.
Size wise are they bout size of Silkies?
My 3 porcelain d'uccles are sassy and high in pecking order even with my 2 oldest Satin hens! I just hate to pass up on such an amazing deal when I've wanted bantam SF! But I don't need five!
Ugh
I say take them all and then once you get to know them and their personalities, pick the ones you love the most and sell the others. Show quality should get you some decent returns--especially if you go to a close by poultry show and advertise them. :) 4-H kids would love bantam SFs!!

I say take them all and then once you get to know them and their personalities, pick the ones you love the most and sell the others. Show quality should get you some decent returns--especially if you go to a close by poultry show and advertise them. :) 4-H kids would love bantam SFs!!
I did a thing!!!
I couldn't take all 5 SFs...so in desperation I asked if they would split them and sell me just one and they did!!!
So meet MaeMae ... this will be the first granddaughter's little chicken!
She's 1½ years old show baby!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_115650_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_115650_Snapchat.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 9
I did a thing!!!
I couldn't take all 5 SFs...so in desperation I asked if they would split them and sell me just one and they did!!!
So meet MaeMae ... this will be the first granddaughter's little chicken!
She's 1½ years old show baby!
Awwwww she's adorable!!! I'm so glad you were able to get one! Such a good Gamma!! :)

Back
Top Bottom