Ok to clip wings now?

1dog1cat6chicks

Songster
9 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Southwestern PA
My newest chickens are now approximately 16 weeks old. We are planning to go away for the weekend, so our daughter will be coming twice daily to tend to them (and the two indoor cats). On occasion one of the “little chickens” will make it over the fence and be wandering around the yard. Obviously we don’t want this to happen while we’re gone, since then she could get lost before our daughter comes again. (Normally I’m here throughout the day and can put them back.)

Are they old enough to have their wings clipped?

My newest chickens are now approximately 16 weeks old. We are planning to go away for the weekend, so our daughter will be coming twice daily to tend to them (and the two indoor cats). On occasion one of the “little chickens” will make it over the fence and be wandering around the yard. Obviously we don’t want this to happen while we’re gone, since then she could get lost before our daughter comes again. (Normally I’m here throughout the day and can put them back.)

Are they old enough to have their wings clipped?
You can clip their wings whenever, you only cut the flight feathers, so I don't think they can be too young; if they are flying you can clip them. Make sure you only clip one side, so that they are off balance.

Back
Top Bottom