One egg air cell perfect, rest too small day 18

Megalodon

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
Hi guys,

just checked the air cells on day 18, got one egg whose air cell is perfectly sized, but the rest of the eggs have an air cell thats too small. I’m thinking that maybe that egg was more porous? In my attempts to enlarge the air cells, i have ran the incubator at about 25% humidity for the entire day, and the cells have grown a teensy bit. I’m thinking about letting it run at 25% overnight before going into lockdown tomorrow, just worried about that one egg losing too much weight. I’ve kept the humidity at around 65% for the entire incubation, maybe it was too high??

the air cells are about the size of day 14ish???
The first photo is of the egg whose air cell is too small, and the second is the one which I think is on track? The rest of the eggs are similar to the first photo.

Do eggs continue to lose weight in lockdown?
I want to keep the humidity low, but I don’t want that one egg losing too much weight.

Any advice please??? TYSM!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

65 is a good humidity for lockdown. A bit high for the first 18 days. I dry hatch due to our air humidity, but I think 30-40 is a more ideal range for the first 18. Now your current eggs. They may still be ok. Air cell appear to get much larger the last days. I would not be to concerned about your biggest air cell losing to much. Your plan to run a bit at 25 sounds good. Just keep an ear and an eye out for internal pips. When they stsrt, lockdown at your 65 to help them out of the shells. Good luck.

65 is a good humidity for lockdown. A bit high for the first 18 days. I dry hatch due to our air humidity, but I think 30-40 is a more ideal range for the first 18. Now your current eggs. They may still be ok. Air cell appear to get much larger the last days. I would not be to concerned about your biggest air cell losing to much. Your plan to run a bit at 25 sounds good. Just keep an ear and an eye out for internal pips. When they stsrt, lockdown at your 65 to help them out of the shells. Good luck.
So should I go into lockdown, just leave the humidity low and then bump it up when they first pip?

thank you for your advice!!!!

Back
Top Bottom