One hen destroying nesting material in all the nesting boxes!

I have a hen who does this, I don’t have the solution, but maybe you could consider her spot in their social order. She could be stressed from from going down in status or being bullied, then again, she could also be the bully. Just some things to consider.

I have a hen who does this, I don’t have the solution, but maybe you could consider her spot in their social order. She could be stressed from from going down in status or being bullied, then again, she could also be the bully. Just some things to consider.
Hello. Thanks so much for your response. My Nervous Nellie has settled down in the last month. She still periodically has a "moment'" of hysteria, but for the most part is not the mean girl anymore. I am thinking that she was the last one to get on a regular egg laying schedule and was maybe having a hard time adjusting to everything! I will certainly keep your input in mind if a similar situation arises again. BTW - all 8 of my girls laid an egg today! Its the second time that has happened since January. Pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom