One more reason not to live in an HOA

Fairly sure the (up to) 250k fine is just clickbait to get people up in arms. It's more likely just some "fines shall not exceed..." clause that exists in many contracts. I rather doubt that the fine will come anywhere close to this.

Also, the article makes it sound like the neighbors have been complaining about this individual attracting ducks for years, citing waste, destroyed gardens and destroyed trashbags on other peoples properties. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask her to stop attracting wildlife.

And if someone is creating a nuisance and simply asking them to stop isn't working, this is where the fines have to come in. Some people can only be motivated to start or stop doing something when it will cost them otherwise. It sounds like we have gone way beyond simply asking and this is what has to happen now.

Ultimately, she made her decision to continue despite being asked to stop and will have to face the consequences of her actions. I don't hold a lot of sympathy for her in this situation.

Fairly sure the (up to) 250k fine is just clickbait to get people up in arms. It's more likely just some "fines shall not exceed..." clause that exists in many contracts. I rather doubt that the fine will come anywhere close to this.

Also, the article makes it sound like the neighbors have been complaining about this individual attracting ducks for years, citing waste, destroyed gardens and destroyed trashbags on other peoples properties. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask her to stop attracting wildlife.

And if someone is creating a nuisance and simply asking them to stop isn't working, this is where the fines have to come in. Some people can only be motivated to start or stop doing something when it will cost them otherwise. It sounds like we have gone way beyond simply asking and this is what has to happen now.

Ultimately, she made her decision to continue despite being asked to stop and will have to face the consequences of her actions. I don't hold a lot of sympathy for her in this situation.
I respect your opinion.
My concern is that people dump domesticated ducks there. Rather than attempting to solve that problem, they are fining a person who has empathy for the ducks. I myself, could not watch an animal go hungry. So yes, I feel for her situation.

I respect your opinion.
My concern is that people dump domesticated ducks there. Rather than attempting to solve that problem, they are fining a person who has empathy for the ducks. I myself, could not watch an animal go hungry. So yes, I feel for her situation.
I do agree that they need to crack down on people who dump animals. At the same time, feeding them is not the solution when it causes issues for the neighbors. The direction that I feel that this should go is a call to animal control to capture these dumped animals. If anything, for their own safety as people are attacking them with arrows and cars per the article.

I do agree that they need to crack down on people who dump animals. At the same time, feeding them is not the solution when it causes issues for the neighbors. The direction that I feel that this should go is a call to animal control to capture these dumped animals. If anything, for their own safety as people are attacking them with arrows and cars per the article.
I agree animal control would be a great solution. I do know that in many of the municipalities in Texas, animal control will not pick up animals due to over crowding.
I'm not sure what the solution is. I know people need to take more personal responsibility for any animal that they hatch, or buy, or bring into the world by whatever method.
I hate that animals suffer needlessly because of irresponsible behavior. And I hate that those ducks are suffering for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom