Only Duck Worries

Yay keep us updated.
Downey should be getting a friend on June 11th! Hopefully the man will have one hatch the day before, maybe 2 days, which is how old Downey and Hemmie were. I think Downey will accept it in time, like he did with our rescue wood duck, Jackie, thanks to the advice from this forum, especially @Miss Lydia ! I have to decide whether or not to get another Australian Spotted or a snowy call. I think he'd get along fine with a call, since they're both little bantams. At that age, I won't know if it's a male or female, but I read that they like company and gender isn't crucial to friendship.

Will you know gender of either the Snowy or the AS? Do you know what breed your hatching?
I think the snowy or spot will be too young to tell, so I won't know. The rescue egg that we are hoping hatches came out of the bottom of a wood duck house after all the others had hatched and jumped out. I was cleaning the house out for the next wood duck and there were 2 eggs, one that had quit and this one. If it's like Jackie, it'll be released when it's ready. She just decided to move out one day. Lol. She still flies by, but she loves being out. The snowy or spot will be for home for me and Downey. :)

There is a hatchery in Tennessee called Valley poultry, that ships eggs, and has many call duck, appeyard, and other bantam duck breeds. They are on Facebook and have a website. They are also downsizing their adult birds now for pick up only to make room for their babies. Might be an idea?

There is a hatchery in Tennessee called Valley poultry, that ships eggs, and has many call duck, appeyard, and other bantam duck breeds. They are on Facebook and have a website. They are also downsizing their adult birds now for pick up only to make room for their babies. Might be an idea?
Awesome!! Thanks for the info!! That's good to know! I wish I could expand to more than a couple. I -really- want to get back to work (I work in the entertainment industry, which is barely getting up and running now due to Covid), and move back out so I can have a little duck farm, adoption center, and a place where people can rehome ducks that they can no longer keep. Alabama needs more ducks. đź’–

Back
Top Bottom