Ooops! bad chicken momma

nuchickontheblock

Songster
9 Years
May 16, 2010
south portland, maine
Today my DH and I were happy to see the girls seemed to be outside alot more in their run, which we attributed to the temps being balmy in the 30's. Around dusk I was surprised that they were still out when I went to close them up in the coop. Usually they go into the covered pen under the coop, and up their ramp into the enclosed coop to roost at dusk. They all started bawking at me really loudly when I went into the run. Lady, our boss chick, repeatedly kept sticking her head into the pen door and then turning to me and bawk bawk bawk "yelling at me". I thought maybe there was some animal or something wrong in the pen, so scootched down to look. Oooooooops! I forgot to let down the ramp this morning so they could go between the pen and the top coop area where the nest boxes and roost are. Because we only have 3 hens, my morning routine is to open the top of the coop and pick them each up one at a time, talk to them and put them down on the ground in the run.

After I let the ramp down tonight, they all yelled at me some more. Lady gave me a dirty look, harumphed and led Princess and Amelia into the coop. They couldn't wait to get upstairs and get some water. They had food in the lower pen and outside run, but I haven't been giving them any water in the run for the past month as it just keeps freezing. I did see them eating a little snow today.
sad.png

They were really PO'd at me.
hide.gif

Awwww
hugs.gif

They'll get over it. I've faced 12 angry hens when their stupid human (that would be me) forgot to open their pop door in the morning, after letting them out the human door. Twelve hens all needing to get in to lay their eggs, bad.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom