Ordered my Rainbow layers from Meyer

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
I ordered my rainbow layer packs from Meyer hatchery, and I'm kinda bummed. Their customer service was fantastic but my mix of birds is boring!! I ordered 100 birds and I was hoping for a little rainbow in the mix. Where are the green layers. A few more varities would have been nice too for 100 birds I'm not knocking Meyer, I'm just disappointed.
hit.gif

25 White Leghorn
50 Barred (Plymouth) Rocks
5 Light Brown Leghorn
10 Golden Laced Wyandotte
10 Delaware

Wow! I'm sorry ...that is pretty disappointing, but you have somewhat of a "rainbow" of colors in the hens ..I suppose.

Maybe if you contact the customer service folks, they will remedy it somehow ...free birds with your next order or a partial refund or something. I would definitely let them know you're not completely happy ...them being a business, they would probably like to know that, as well.

Good Luck!

Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with the breeds they sent you, but I'd be disappointed too. I think of Rainbow layers as being flashier (other than the GLW) and certainly some green/blue eggs layers in the mix. I guess that's why I never used to get the assortments....I always figured it was just the pullets they had left over when they filled the orders for that day. I'd contact them.

Quote:
You are exactly right it is the leftovers you get,that's why they are so cheap.If you really want a nice assortment your best bet is to pick them out your self.It may cost alittle more but you'll know what to expect.
They all do it,it just helps clean up their inventory.
A flock of 50 barred rock will look pretty awesome together though. Will

Can I just say that I'm jealous that you have A HUNDRED chickens of any breed?

How are you going to choose names for them all?
wink.png
cool.png

Seriously, though, contact their customer service and see if they can do anything for you.

I'm not keeping them, I'm selling them. I've been contacted everyday from people who get my number from the feed store looking for chicks, so I decided heck, I'll just bring in a bunch and corrupt a whole bunch of people to this chicken adiction.
big_smile.png
But I was hoping for a little better mix myself. At the very least, each assortment should have at least a few tinted egg layers.

I think I already posted that I ordered this a few years ago and they send you what they have left over after filling their other orders.

Back
Top Bottom