Ornamental Bird Conservation (2016 A Fresh Start)

Well, I don't plan to have my prices over the top, like Cabots bring $800 per pair RELATED. I have a benefit because I will have 2 imported lines (olsens and sumner) to produce pure unrelated! I saw them, my Argus pair I'm looking at buying next fall is a F2-3 pair. Canadian lines...

Good to know they do come cheaper but for now I am not able to afford them. I'll keep it in mind when I am able to seriously consider keeping them later on.

I know your young and have the fever and I commend you ,just remember to keep these birds going be a BREEDER and not just a collector

We are being selective with where some of the rarer stuff goes. Like Cabots I want to stay in good hands since I've been through alot to aquire the lines. And for the Argus, they are more aless for Zoos. Kevin, could you PM me about the Saytrs? I'm also looking for 3 pairs of them also. So 5 pairs of Cabots and 3 Pairs of Saytrs and a pair of Temmnicks for looks. That's my tragopan idea for now.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm really curious. Did you have to obtain a permit from the government to breed and sell the endangered/ threatened species? I'm getting in to pheasants after years of bird experience, but most things I've read say you can have them as pets with no permit, but to breed and sell those species, you need a permit. Can you provide clarification?

I have been raising,breeding,and selling ornamental pheasants for over 35 years here in N.H.l have never heard of needing a permit to breed and sell pheasants.Each state does have their own regulations,but mostly pertain to ringnecks,not ornamentals.My collection consist of red golden,Amherst,Reeves,Eliots,swinhoe,Edwards,cheer,temmnick,saytr,impeyan,blue eared,brown eared,true silver,Jones silver,berlioz silver,Lewis silver,and grey peacock.

Back
Top Bottom