Orphaned black-bellied whistling duckling - advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful duckling! I agree with @KaleIAm. Wild birds typically don't do well in captivity. But I applaud you for caring for it! Hopefully, you can get some help.

I used to work for a wildlife rehab center. and we would take in abandoned birds with the goal of releasing them. It's possible, but it isn't easy and takes knowledge of the particular species sometimes.

That is a beautiful duckling! I agree with @KaleIAm. Wild birds typically don't do well in captivity. But I applaud you for caring for it! Hopefully, you can get some help.

I used to work for a wildlife rehab center. and we would take in abandoned birds with the goal of releasing them. It's possible, but it isn't easy and takes knowledge of the particular species sometimes.
The only reason we haven't is because we know the mother is nearby and are hoping to reunite them. We've ony handled it to get it away from the dog/move it to safety. If we can't find the mother within the next few days we will definitely contact a wildelife rehab.

The only reason we haven't is because we know the mother is nearby and are hoping to reunite them. We've ony handled it to get it away from the dog/move it to safety. If we can't find the mother within the next few days we will definitely contact a wildelife rehab.
I hope you find her! You are awesome for doing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom