Our 2 week old Sussex needs a new name.

tabatha_westcott

Songster
11 Years
Jan 18, 2009
The chubby guy on the right was one of 3 Speckled Sussex day olds we picked up. Right away, he seemed a little "off". He was sleeping a lot more than the others and seemed to be breathing kind of fast. We thought we might lose him, and called him the "Dead Guy". A day later, I found him like this.

I thought he was dead, but he was just very listless and not eating or drinking at all. My family spent the next couple days taking turns holding him and giving him electro light water and vitamins through a dropper. This is him today; a week later.

He fell way behind developing and has some catching up to do, but he seems happy now, scratching and pecking with the others. No more issues at all! He is so sweet and we're really hoping he just had a rough start, but we're thinking we need to give him a more promising name than "The dead guy". Lol

Last edited:
You could look up baby names by definition and name em something cliche but adorable that means hope! I certainly am hopeful for the adorable little fluff, and hopefully this is the last scare you have! What a cutie!

Imortal Chick!
I have a rooster we call the imortal rooster because when he was only a few months old he had his neck broken in a coyote attack, but he really wanted to live so he got better and is still king of the coop today (8 years later).
So i think Imortal chick is a realy strong and hopeful name. :)

Back
Top Bottom