OverEz Automatic Coop Door

YellowRoseFarm

Songster
Apr 29, 2022
Texas
Hi all,

I was going to re-use my Omlet automatic coop door on my new coop build and I realize that it's much too small for my larger breeds. I've seen a couple of posts asking this same question, but it doesn't appear they ever received an answer. So, I'll give it a shot.

Has anyone used the OverEZ automatic coop door and, if so, is it worth the crazy price tag? What I love about my OverEZ coop is the size of the pop door (among other things), and the OverEZ automatic door is the right size, but I have no idea about the quality. Thanks!

I just answered a question about the OverEZ pop door on another thread. I looked at the site, and do see a Quality pop door. Yes it is somewhat pricey,,,,, but good things do cost a good sum of cash.
If you are Budget minded, and $400 is a little out of reach for you, I can offer you my views on what is working well for me.
Mine cost me $220 ,,, five years ago. It is still working well. I think the price jumped to about $259.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I got the UXOLIFE chicken automatic door for around $60, no longer available on Amazon. I now see it selling for $120. After two weeks it has performed flawlessly! My coop door is under a roof and under big trees, the coop faces north and the door faces east. I wanted the action to be run on daylight but due to location was afraid it would shut to early, or not open. I felt OK with the design because it can be set by timer if the light function didn't work in my application. This all metal door ( except gear) is working great, the hens go in about an hour before it closes. Not sure about the morning except it is always open when I go out. Not sure how long the batteries will last, does anyone have this door and how long do your batteries last?
Now that I have it all set up this chicken keeping is easy, fun, and not much work. Having 5 gallon waterer and feeder, having the deep bedding method in the coop, setup for deep liter in the run, the auto door, a large clean out door on coop and total access to rake out run. Not much to do except socialize with my girls. Having a secure well built and designed coop is key! Eight more weeks until eggs? Ya
The new steps are working great, a little learning on going down at first. Now they run up and down without problem.
Thanks again BYC for getting me too this point
20230513_121422.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom