painting

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
hello.
just wondering if its a good idear to paint the inside of our coop? will the chicks peck at it or is this not a good idear at all? i was thinking on painting the interior a crisp white, as to make the light reflect better? the intereior is just plain wood. thanks for all your imput in advance!
oops also one more other question: has anyone ever put fencing underneath the run? as to help with predators? i was thinking on doing that, but its seems like alot of dirt to be digging? i was just going to dig 6 inches around the perimeter?
thanks again!!

andrea,ct.
mom to:
2 kids
1 husband
1 dog
1 house rabbit
3 rhode island reds
2 plymouth rocks!!!!
ya.gif

Annie -
welcome-byc.gif
from MN!

Some folks like to paint the inside of their coop (I did!) and some don't bother. It's really a personal preference. If you take the time to do it, prime first, use an exterior paint (handles changes in temperature better and will last longer) and do several thinner (vs. only one thicker) coats.

You won't regret the extra time/money you spend painting the inside of your coop. Especially when it comes to cleaning time.

Yes, you definitely want to bury your exterior run wire. I'd go 12 inches minimum. Use hardware wire if you can. Predators can go right through chicken wire.

There is a blue bar across the top of this page. On that blue bar, there is a search key. If you do a search on both of these topics, you will find a wealth of information on what lots of other BYCers are doing.

Welcome and good luck!

thank you so much for your response! yes i am gonna paint it now!
As for the hard wire cloth thats what i plan on using. will they peck at it? do you think its safe tho (painting)
I hope to share my photos of our coop! its so pretty! when i get a free moment ill post the photos.
i got allllll my idears from this website!!

andrea,ct.

Back
Top Bottom