Parakeets and Diamond doves???

Quote:
It was stated: "Step #3. Sit and watch birds, if any fighting starts, either hit the cage, make a loud noise, poke attacker bird with a stick (distract bird) "

Before, you are then punishing and causing fear and stress for nothing. After, you are causing fear, and stress (to both birds).
It is abusive.

I have been breeding birds for 26 years and have had many birds. I would not advise doing this, the parakeets will kill the doves. Do not put them together, with hopes of breaking up a fight by hitting the cage or poking with sticks. That is just plain old abuse and I just wouldn't put a bird in that situation.

Why not just avoid all hassles and build another pen?And another and another,just like we all do,It's an obsession most can't avoid.
In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited:
I have 3 diamond doves and was thinking about adding a parakeet. Any thought??

..This is Christina, Cornelius and the Dove is Wuwu. My sis gave me Wuwu because her mate passed away. She is 10 years old. We introduced them slowly. Then made the budgerians homeless by taking away their cage. They seem grateful to Wuwu for sharing her cage. Gives me hope for Dempcrats and Republicans. There has been no problem for 2 weeks now.

Attachments

• 20201216_091932.jpg
    20201216_091932.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom