Partridge rooster and black hen chick color?

Katnisschicken

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
Hello! I'm thinking of hatching my partridge silkie and black EE hen's eggs. Does anyone know what color the chicks would be? The hen is pure black but has a few red looking feathers on her neck if you look closely

With a partridge silkie father and a black EE mother, the chicks will probably have a lot of black on them (like their mother), but they are likely to have some brown, red, or gold colors as well. I don't know whether you will get any that look partridge-- that will depend on what genes the EE has, and the only way to know is to try it.

The chicks will probably all have normal feathers, not silkie feathers. But they might have some of the other traits that silkies usually have (5th toe on each foot, a crest, dark skin).

Some Silkies have beards, and some EEs have beards. If either parent has a beard you should get some bearded chicks. If both parents have beards you should expect mostly or all of the chicks to have beards.

With a partridge silkie father and a black EE mother, the chicks will probably have a lot of black on them (like their mother), but they are likely to have some brown, red, or gold colors as well. I don't know whether you will get any that look partridge-- that will depend on what genes the EE has, and the only way to know is to try it.

The chicks will probably all have normal feathers, not silkie feathers. But they might have some of the other traits that silkies usually have (5th toe on each foot, a crest, dark skin).

Some Silkies have beards, and some EEs have beards. If either parent has a beard you should get some bearded chicks. If both parents have beards you should expect mostly or all of the chicks to have beards.
That is so helpful, thank you! The EE is bearded and the silkie is double bearded so I'm excited for some bearded chicks!

Back
Top Bottom