Peachick Pic's - What Sex Are They?

NCIndiaBlue

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
NC
I took some new pics of my pea's today, if anybody knows the sex of my India Blue and BS's, that would be awesome! If not, still enjoy the pics.
tongue.png

BSPea.jpg
PIC 1

BSPeaSmall.jpg
PIC 2

IBChicks1.jpg
PIC 3

IBChicks.jpg
PIC 4

IBChick.jpg
PIC 5

IBChick1.jpg
PIC 6

IBChick2.jpg
PIC 7

IBChick3.jpg
PIC 8

IBChick11.jpg
PIC 9

IBChick10.jpg
PIC 10

IBChick8.jpg
PIC 11

IBChick5.jpg
PIC 12

IBChick4.jpg
PIC 13

IBChick9.jpg
PIC 14

Last edited:
I loved your pics! Beautiful babies....I could not help but notice that you had a chicken in one of your pics. Do your peafowl get along okay with your chickens? I have just finished building my chicken house and fencing a large yard for my 16 baby chicks which arrived 2 weeks ago. Before the chicks arrived, I went on a trip and while I was gone my husband purchased me 2 baby peafowl. I know nothing about them but I am trying very hard to learn. I refuse to give up my chicks so I am hoping that chicks and peafowl will cohabitate nicely. Will the peafowls pick on my baby chicks when they move to the outside brooder. They will be segregated but I really want them to eventually all live in the 'cozy' chicken house. It was built with 30 chickens in mind so I think that it should have more than adequate space for 16 pullets and 2 baby peafowl.......can you give me any suggestions?

Quote:
My chickens and pea's get along great. I don't think they know they are any different from one another. They all cuddle, take dirt baths and roost together. The chicken you saw was raised in the brooder from almost day one with the peachicks, but I do have my adult Dorking hen's and rooster in with my 2-3 month old peachicks and they all get along. I feed them medicated game bird starter mixed with laying crumble, to prevent black head. Also, as soon as I moved them from the brooder to the pen, I started them on a worming routine.

Quote:
Thanks! I appreciate it. Yeah, they are around 3 months old. I took some pics a few weeks ago and posted, but I tried to take better pics this time around. I sat in their pen and let me come up to me.

That's cool that all my IB's are hen's. What would the BS Males and IB female produce as offspring?

All blue looking chicks split to BS, unless the IB are from bs parents.

Compare the legs of your whites, with the bs and ib that way you can sex them also.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can sex the White chicks..they are a little older than the IB's.

I'm really happy they are all happy and healthy. I've heard so many stories of people losing their young peafowl. I really try to take the best care possible of mine.

Back
Top Bottom