Peahen swollen eye

Momma_duck

Chirping
Apr 25, 2020
I have my (she just turned 5 months old) peahen, last night she was fine, acting normal being a nut. This morning her eye is swollen, its been swelling a lot today, I have been calling tractor supplys around to get ahold of tylan. All day! I finally got ahold of some in another city, but they only had tylan 50. I just got home, and she is still doing fine, eating and drinking normally. I don't know much much I do give her, I'm not sure if she will let me give it to her in a shot form, because she can't see out of that eye, and if she can't see her male she will starting honking and get really stressed out. And I don't want to make her more unconformable, i know you can give it to them orally, but I'm not sure on hon how to give her. Does anyone know? Her name is cheesecake

A close up of the side of her face would help. When giving Tylan 50 you need to give four times the amount you would give of Tylan 200. A bird that age would need around 0.50 ml of the 200 I would take the 50 back and find the 200. If she just started swelling you have a bit of time to find the right medication. If you decide to keep the 50 give 2.0ml SQ or 3.0ml orally.

Okay I gave her only one ml oral tonight, because I could not figure out how much. I can send a pic in the morning. Her eye is completely closed, and I can tell the pressure is getting to her, because her beak even seems kind of crooked. When I gave it to her she was more in shock at me, for messing with her then anything. She had "the audacity of you mom" look on her face. Then she screamed and ran away.

A close up of the side of her face would help. When giving Tylan 50 you need to give four times the amount you would give of Tylan 200. A bird that age would need around 0.50 ml of the 200 I would take the 50 back and find the 200. If she just started swelling you have a bit of time to find the right medication. If you decide to keep the 50 give 2.0ml SQ or 3.0ml orally.
Okay I gave her only one ml oral tonight, because I could not figure out how much. I can send a pic in the morning. Her eye is completely closed, and I can tell the pressure is getting to her, because her beak even seems kind of crooked. When I gave it to her she was more in shock at me, for messing with her then anything. She had "the audacity of you mom" look on her face. Then she screamed and ran away.

Back
Top Bottom