Pecking?

Carr-Farm

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2021
I introduced a lavender orpington rooster and hen to my flock a few months ago, and just recently my hen has been being pecked at (they haven't drawn blood) but her feathers around her neck look like someone cut them, I don't think it's molting but any thoughts?

Last edited:
There are a lot of reasons they could be pecking her. Size of coop, pecking order still being worked out and food shortage to name a couple. Pictures of coop, run, and chickens often help.

There coop is rather large it could fit 40 but has 20 or so in it the run is the same, my rooster has always been protective of her and my chickens never had a problem with her. I put two new chickens in the coop a few days ago there not that big but that was when I saw her feathers so I don't think the did it but I don't know.

I introduced a lavender orpington rooster and hen to my flock a few months ago, and just recently my hen has been being pecked at (they haven't drawn blood) but her feathers around her neck look like someone cut them, I don't think it's molting but any thoughts?
How did you introduce these birds?
Are the feather clipped all the way around the neck or just on the back of neck?
Lavender can be 'weak feathered'.

They seemed good tempered, I put them in the coop and watched them they didn't seem to have any problems. The feathers are clipped all the way around the neck

Back
Top Bottom