peppermint to get rid of mice?

NoseyChickens

Feathers On The Ground
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southern California
We have a mouse, in the house! YUCK. I am really freaked out about it. We have set out glue traps, and bought some of those sonic rodent replellants. (Waste of money) But I read online that the smell of peppermint keeps mice away. Does anyone have experiance with this? One of the articles I read said to put some peppermint oil on cotton balls and set them where you have seen mice or where you think they are coming in. So I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if it works.

Last edited:
Sonic, useless. Glue traps, unless they are specifically for RATS, are useless. Use a mouse trap baited with peanut butter. There are new plastic traps with serrated teeth in the trap arm. Cheap, VERY good in holding the catch, and either reuse it or throw it away. Never heard of peppermint fending off anything. In fact, if you put a piece of candy cane in the trap, you'd probably catch one!
big_smile.png
Lots of folks on here are talking about the "electronic mouse traps". Never tried one of those, the old fashioned ones work great for me. I also have 10 outdoor cats that really keep the vermin at bay, and that includes venomous snakes!

Back
Top Bottom