Percentage of duck hens vs drake

rjmyooper

Crowing
Aug 29, 2021
U.P. of Michigan (Way UP Here)
My Coop
My Coop
I'm wondering if there is a expected percentage of hens/drakes in any strait run of Ducks. I'm ordering 10 Khaki Campbell and I'm hoping for 4 hens and 1 drake. I would settle for 3 hens, but I don't want less than 3.
Is there a reasonable expectation?
Should I order more than 10?
Money isn't the issue. I just don't want to have to cull too many. I also don't want to have to separate just one or 2 drakes. These ducklings are being delivered by truck from 100 miles away or so. They're not fertile eggs coming in the mail.
TIA!

I'm wondering if there is a expected percentage of hens/drakes in any strait run of Ducks. I'm ordering 10 Khaki Campbell and I'm hoping for 4 hens and 1 drake. I would settle for 3 hens, but I don't want less than 3.
Is there a reasonable expectation?
Should I order more than 10?
Money isn't the issue. I just don't want to have to cull too many. I also don't want to have to separate just one or 2 drakes. These ducklings are being delivered by truck from 100 miles away or so. They're not fertile eggs coming in the mail.
TIA!
Would you consider just adopting 4 grown hens and a drake that need homes? You’ll be helping them, you’ll be able to for sure get what you want, and they may already be laying

Back
Top Bottom