Personalities of "Game" breeds

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me.
From a child I have always wanted to have really really tall chickens what is the tallest breed of chickens.

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me.
From a child I have always wanted to have really really tall chickens what is the tallest breed of chickens.
A late friend of mine lived near a Ross Breeders chicken house. One morning he found a couple of small escapees standing at his backdoor. He fed them like they were stray dogs. End of story is that each one grew off into a 25 pound rooster on unlimited human food. I've been told that they will grow off bigger on unlimited chicken grower feed. Ross only sells two separate strains of baby chicks to commercial poultry companies (like Tyson) who uses each strain to cross for the production of hatching eggs then use these hatching eggs to make fryer-broilers. Don't ask, Ross will not sell their pure or foundation strains of chickens to anyone.

If my memory is correct each cockerel stood just below 40 inches high at the comb

Everyone to his own but I always though that a shamo was hatched and raised in a stove pipe.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom