Picking up Hatched Coturnix tonight!

jetto

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
Huron County, Ohio
Hubby is picking up at least 26 chicks tonight that started hatching yesterday! The lady with the incubator says we got some interesting colors in there- golden color she called it. I'll have to take pics when we get them home. Not too bad from a shipment of 34 eggs. I'm hoping a few more hatched today while she was at work but we'll have to see.

Then the 55 bobs are due next week. We have 5 in our ancient incubator at home. I'm anxious to see how we did, lol...Those eggs took extra time to get to us so we're hoping they were still viable. Kristi

ya.gif

yep golden is a color in coturnix (pretty common and very pretty)
smile.png
One of my favorites
smile.png

Congrats!!!

BTW how "ancient" is your incubator? Mine is like 70 years old looking for others who have my same incubator do you!?!?! Sears Roebuck Farm Master?

Thanks! It will be fun having a different color in the group!

It's an old Brower incubator- the round metal kind. I have no clue how old but it doesn't have a fan or turner. It was given to us by a friend that had it given to her. She never used it. Seems to work pretty good for us. Getting the humidity right has been the roughest part but I think we've got it figured out now.
Kristi

Quote:
cool those were made around the same time as my sears roebuck if I remember rightly
smile.png

eta: my old fart incubator is wonderful, it has a fan, but i have to hand turn which is fine
smile.png
I get great hatches from it as long as i keep the huge thing clean (it's a giant cabinet incubator, if i pull the trays out i can litterally hide in it and im not a tiny person either (5'4") hehe YES i've done it just to see
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
oh dont worry same here with mine they are hard to find info on
tongue.png

I did at one time find an ad for yours and mine very old one but the thing is hard to read and i cant find it again ...go figure lol

I love the pics!
love.gif

I get to pick up my button and corturnix from my SIL tomorrow!
Just a few.....7 button and 5 Cortunix, BUT it is a start! These are my first quial!

Congrats!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom