Pics of Coops

parrillofarms

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 11, 2009
vermont, il
I have always like to see peoples interesting designs for coops. if anyone has an interesting or custom coop they are proud of can you please post the designs. i am moving soon and need to build a new coop and i would love to see some motivating pictures of coops

welcome-byc.gif

Did YOU ever come to the right place!!!

Go to the coop section on the home page, and browse to your heart's content. After nearly six months of browsing there I've redesigned my tractor-in-progress so many times you wouldn't know it from the original ideas.

And poke around in the coop & run section of the index -- this one. Check out all the coop contests.

And then post pics of YOUR coop when you put it up so we can all check it out!
big_smile.png

You, too, can be a BYC addict!

You sure did, you will see all kinds of coops here!!!!! I made ours from left over privacy fence....After Hurricane Ike hit us, we went around and picked up the privacy fence off the streets, we had huge loads...more than we could use, and this is what we ended up with:

then we added a dog run we werent using any longer...we also left some opening at the very top of the coop for the roos/hens to get some air, so it runs all across the top, and behind that I placed tree limbs all connected as roosting places.

36033_dsc_0398.jpg

Ventilation

36033_roosting.jpg

serves as roost and also they can see out of the front of the coop.

36033_dsc_0752.jpg

used a fence door with its orginal bolts, so I can lock them in or leave it open.

36033_egg_door.jpg

built side door to be able to get eggs or look in to the full coop.
36033_dsc_0603.jpg

ALSO WHEN MY BUFF WERE LITTLE I GOT CAUGHT OFF GUARD, MY BUFFS GREW FAST, AND I HAD NO COOP/RUN!!! CRAIGSLIST FOR A RUN 10X10 FOR 50.00 AND FOUND THIS IN THE TRASH, LITTLE TYKES HOUSE
36033_img01752.jpg

I USED OLD FAN GRATES AS THE DOORS SCREWED ON AND WINDOW...FOR VENTILATION
36033_dsc_0022.jpg

PAINTED IT, AND PUT A WOODEN DOOR THAT SWINGS OPEN TO CLOSE, ADDED ROOST ALSO...OF COURSE THEY ARE HUGE NOW...THEY WERE BABIES THEN...5MOS OLD, AND THEY NEED A NEW UPGRADE!!!!!!

Last edited:
Parillo, if you look up at the very top of the BYC screen (in Forum mode), you will see a blue underlined thing that says "Coop Designs". If you click on that, you will have more than you can ever hope to study! Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom